In 2011 I partnered with Louis and Peter to co-found Showpad, a revenue enablement platform for commercial teams. Leading Showpad as its CEO, I grew the company from 0 to +€75M in ARR, built a team of over 500 Showpadders (or good-natured ass-kickers as we call them), and raised + €150M from investors like Hummingbird, Dawn Capital, and Insight Venture Partners.
As a European start-up, we managed to build a substantial presence in the US, driven by our platform strategy. Today over 50% of our revenue comes from the US, and we have over 1.200 customers across the globe, most of which are big enterprise companies like Johnson & Johnson, BASF and Unilever. Early 2022 I transitioned to become the company’s Executive Chairman.
Besides building and leading Showpad I am an active angel investor, with investments in more than 30 software companies like Spendesk, Swan, Iter8, Growblocks, Silverfin and Deselect.
On the personal side, I am married to Liesbeth, father of 3 young kids and an avid Kitesurfer, and a competitive Mountainbike rider.
Building and scaling a global SaaS business is incredibly exciting and rewarding, yet at times it can be challenging and hard. Starting and growing a business is one of the most meaningful professional and personal journeys. Happy to share my experience (the good, the bad and the ugly) and talk about:
- Internationalization and how to enter new markets
- What I learned from making several acquisitions with Showpad.
- Building and scaling your culture
- Raising money and choosing the right investors
- How to hire and retain great talent
- How to grow as a leader and a person
- How to scale your GTM and drive performance
- Navigating the current environment both from an operational or financial perspective.
- Importance of prioritizing health and well-being (of yourself and your employees)
- What I look for when making angel investments
I’ll be answering questions on September 15th, between 4:30-06:00 PM CEST. Looking forward to it!