I'm James Gill, Co-Founder and CEO of GoSquared. AMA!

Hi Anush, thanks so much for this question – I love it!

There have been so many evolutions in our many years of business – I always need to cut some to ensure I don’t speak all day!

When we first started GoSquared we were building websites for other people, and trying many ideas out. It was only when we built our first Analytics product – Live Stats – that people started to get excited. We finally knew we’d found something that people wanted!

Key evolutions were really around each product we’ve built as part of the platform: Live Chat, Customer Data Hub, and soon, Automation.

Each evolution has been primarily driven by our desire to do a better job for our customers, and responding to the ever changing markets we operate in.

Our early adopters have always been (and continue to be) technically minded – often folks that build website for fun, and get a kick out of new technology. These people are picky, and we love that.

What has been difficult is assessing who our early adopters are – who are the product obsessives that try everything new we build, that give us hugely valuable product feedback, and who are our core customers – the people and businesses that drive the commercial side of the business. They’re not necessarily the same, but are both essential for us to build a great platform and a great business.

4 Likes