I'm Sofia Quintero. Founder and CEO at EnjoyHQ. Previously, Head of Growth at Geckoboard. Customer Research is my thing... AMA!

It’s very tempting to share EnjoyHQ’s customer success stories here, but if I have to think about a wonderful story about customer research saving the day, it would be Gobble. Ooshma Garg, the founder at Gobble, gave a very inspiring talk about how a relentless focus on customers saved her company. Definitely worth watching.

Many companies have always been customer-driven, and that passion and discipline become the foundation of their success—for example, Drift. How much love can they get from customers? ALL OF IT. They care about customers, and in return, customers care about them. Just spend some time on their Twitter stream and you will see customer love, and employees love spreading it every single day. It comes from having an amazing CEO like David Cancel in charge, but it also comes from having many empowered employees believing in the power of customer-centricity.

We shouldn’t think about customer research as the thing that will save the company from falling apart. Instead, we should think about customer research as a tool for building and growing the company—as a foundational framework, not as a tactic.

2 Likes