I'm David Hart, Co-Founder and COO of ScreenCloud and other tech businesses, AMA!

Hi Rajaraman

For us, it was quite easy to fall into the types of role we did: I do more commercial/marketing/legal stuff, Mark does more team/understanding customers/product, and Luke does technical and product. That’s what we did at the agency and that’s kind of what we ended up doing here.

We’ve always acted as an equal partnership: we own the same amount of shares, we get paid the same and we all have an equal say in what decisions we make.

For ScreenCloud we had to pick roles and for me and Mark it was a bit odd. At the agency we were just ‘directors’, but investors wanted us to have defined job titles. For Luke it was obvious as he was the technical one. For me and Mark it was less so. In the end I was managing the winding up of the agency and Mark had moved full-time onto ScreenCloud so he assumed the CEO title, which left me with COO. But in reality, we just work the way we always have together and that seems to allow us to get things done!

2 Likes