I'm Hiten Shah, Co-Founder and CEO of FYI. AMA =)

Great question!

• We do these efforts of “building in public” with the idea that it helps us be that much more accountable to the outcomes we want. That mindset has made it much easier to align our efforts with the business and get the motivation to do it consistently. Thanks for noticing!
  • For me, I just need to take a breath and think deeply about something with a blank mind for even just 2 minutes and I can get meaningful insights. Some folks might call it a meditation of sorts. What I’ve found is that just be taking a breath and clearing my mind (no matter what else is going on) and then picking a topic or problem, I can get to really meaningful ideas / insights very quickly on just about anything.
  • Content builds brand. Brand is being able to carve out space in someone’s mind. Podcasts are literally in-between your ears and basically a direct route to someone’s mind. Ultimately consistency is key. What do you stand for? What is your brand all about? We don’t have goals for our content. We have goals for our brand. That’s the difference for us. We don’t think about what content can do for us and goals it can hit. We start with understanding the brand we need to be for our market and the content is designed to support the brand and the goals we have for our brand. We use this both for personal brand and company brand.
3 Likes