Early stage startups and mental health

@amogh, thank you for raising this most vital, emotionally vulnerable, difficult, and sadly, seldom-discussed, subject. :sunflower:

Surfacing some founder notes from the Relay archives; encompassing how founders have learned to deal with various strains of starting up. Those that linger, those that are (and should be) forgotten, and those that lie ahead. Hope you’d find these reflective, earnest probes helpful:

1: EnjoyHQ’s co-founder, @Sofia, on why founding a company has been a "a self-discovery process that I never experienced in any other job, no matter how much responsibility I had.”

2: Crossbeam’s co-founder, @BobMoore, on developing a “combination of muscle memory and scar tissue.”

3: Chameleon’s co-founder, @pulkit, on how he paused to revisit an always-hurried and anxious state of mind he had long assumed as a given.

4: Bento’s founder, @jessefrombento, on being aware of where burnout, for him, really stems from, and a work-life routine that helps.

5: Flodesk’s co-founder, @marthabitar, on learning to freak out less.

6: Geckoboard’s founder, @paul, on the importance of surrounding oneself with the right people as this is “a far lonelier journey than I had anticipated at first.”

3 Likes