4x founder, 3 exits — currently building Podia, an OG in the creator economy since 2014, AMA!

I really like how you’ve illustrated the evolving nature of both customer feedback and how startups should interpret it across various stages of growth. Would you ascribe a similar evolutionary nature to how you’ve come to think about competition as you’ve scaled from zero to thousands of customers? Read about your stirring, current stance, here. And was curious. :slight_smile:

To be honest, I think about our competitors as much as I thought about them way back when I founded the business in 2014 and that’s very little. :rofl: I wrote about it a bit in this blog post about why your competitors don’t matter.

Competitors matter a lot more to your customers (and potential customers) than they should to you.

It’s not fair to say that I don’t check on them every so often, but much more from a marketing perspective than from a feature set. I like to see how we can continue to differentiate ourselves in our marketing, so I like to zig when they zag.

3 Likes